- join a course in a group setting at Thrive yoga studio starting every second month, or
- book private classes at your home.
The course of 4 workshops is designed to help you and your partner prepare for the birth of your child, mentally, physically and emotionally. By understanding the nature of labor, you will be able to work with it and support the unfolding process. Your partner will also get practical tools to support you standing by your side. The course will help you to surrender to the natural process and have an empowering birth experience. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Hormonal physiology of childbirth.
- Stages of labor.
- Natural pain relief techniques, such as acupressure, breathing, visualisation, aromatherapy, etc.
- Birth positions.
- Childbirth in the Dutch healthcare system.
- Preparing a birth plan and making informed decisions.
Courses in a group setting at Thrive yoga start every second month and consist of four workshops of 2 hours on Friday afternoons. To all workshops partners are welcome to join if they wish so. Groups are small (2-5 couples) to have space for individual attention and an intimate atmosphere.
Costs are €160, if you also follow pregnancy yoga classes at Thrive, or €180 if you only follow the birth preparation course.
My suggestion is 2 meetings of 2 hours.
A private session costs €90 (excl. BTW).